Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Life

Some of you may have already watched this video but I wanted to add it to my blog because of the power and message that it holds. I watch it over and over again and I learn something new and internalize something new each and every time. This woman inspires me to be better. She reminds me of how grateful I really should be for what I have. She has taught me that the inside doesn't change no matter how dramatic the outside may be. In this case she was burned really badly and may not look the same physically but all the clothes still fit. She is the same and even better on the inside. As a woman I know that its very difficult to look on the inside. We are so focused on the outside appearance and what the world thinks of each of us but not what really matters. It has never mattered how thin, tall, short, big, or even what color our eyes are. God created each of us. In his eyes each one of us are beautiful! Let us remember where we come from and who created us. Let us remember our divine identity on the inside and let us learn from this woman. I am grateful for her example and for the heart that she has! she is an incredible woman with a beautiful testimony and great amount of optimism. I love Elder Holland's remarks at the end as well. There is so much to learn and I hope you enjoy this AMAZING video and take something from it as well! Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post Shantell! This video brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful to be able to know that I am a daughter of God. Sometimes I slip up, I get caught up in all the distractions. I am so thankful for the example of this woman. BTW you look beautiful in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Stephanie Nielson. You should read her blog. nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Allison! I know what you mean by the tears. Its definitely a tear jerker for me! But thank you for your comment! I slip up too and its probably one of the hardest things for me but we can learn from her! Thanks again! And haha you are sweet about my pictures. Thanks so much! You had part in that hair and makeup and jewelry artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash! Yeah totally love her too! Thanks for reading the blog! you are rockin! I have read her blog and I LOVE it! Thanks for the link that way i can remember!

    ReplyDelete