Sunday, March 6, 2011

You Are My Hands


President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave a talk in last year's April conference entitled "You Are My Hands". This talk is one that teaches us the ways of the Savior and the love He has for each one of us. I wanted to focus on the importance of Love within the church. As quoted from the talk, "Love is what inspired our Heavenly Father to create our spirits; it is what led our Savior to the Garden of Gethsemane to make Himself a ransom for our sins. Love is the grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the ever-renewing spring of healing, the precious fountain of hope."(emphasis added)

It is very obvious that Love plays a key role in our existence and it also plays a role in our salvation. It is up to us to love others as Christ does. It is up to us to serve others with all purpose of heart and with charity. Love is more than a four-letter word... it is an action that we should be extending to all of God's children. This next quote gives us just a few of the blessings we receive by reaching out to others with Christlike love. "As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit." (emphasis added)

In closing, “Let our hearts and hands be stretched out in compassion toward others, for everyone is walking his or her own difficult path. As disciples of Jesus Christ, our Master, we are called to support and heal rather than condemn.” I can testify that when I forget myself and go to work I can see just a minuscule of the love Christ has for me. I feel happier and I feel that my spirit is stronger. EVERYONE around us is walking on a difficult path and there are those that need our help. Let us extend our hands and our hearts.

Its a new week! Make it good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment