Friday, August 19, 2011

Faith---the Choice is Yours

Richard C. Edgley once said, "But, while I don't know everything, I know the important. I know the plain and simple gospel truths that lead to salvation and exaltation. I know that the Savior did suffer the pain of all men and that all repentant people can be cleansed from sin. And what I don't know and don't completely understand, with the powerful aid of my faith, I bridge the gap and move on, partaking of the promises and blessings of the gospel. And then as Alma teaches, our faith brings us to a perfect knowledge (see Alma 32:34). By moving forward into the unknown, armed only with hope and desire, we show evidence of our faith and our devotion to the Lord."

I love this so much! I feel like I could do better at demonstrating my faith in Heavenly Father and the Savior. I often find myself asking why and I hope to rather be moving forward into the unknown with hope and desire. I don't know everything but I too know the important. The important is enough to move forward with faith into the unknown. Sometimes the unknown can be scary and very overwhelming, but it is with the powerful aid of faith that we can bridge the gap and move on! In the process of replacing fear with faith we are able to access the promises and blessings of the gospel. Let us show evidence of our faith and our devotion to the Lord. God has a plan for each of us and it is through faith that we keep walking even when our course may be uncertain.

"Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."

No comments:

Post a Comment