Friday, October 16, 2015

Behold, My Mother!


Meet Heidi Jo Giles, the woman I call Mom. Born 41 years ago TODAY! She stands about 5 Foot and 2 inches tall and is full of life. Mom is a friend to SO many people and let me tell you what, people prefer to keep it that way because you wouldn't ever survive as her enemy. She is known for her blunt, fun, and giving personality. If she knows that there is someone in need, she is always there to lend a helping hand. One of the things I love most about her is the love she has for little children. I believe she is the best preschool teacher out there (I am definitely not biased or anything). My mom spends countless hours each day teaching children. She knows their names and loves them each individually. 


I have found no woman who loves and adores her family like my mother does. If you were to ask her, she would tell you that we are her world and nothing else matters. There isn't a moment in time where she isn't 100% devoted to our needs, wants, and dreams. 



Mom has always been my biggest fan and has encouraged me to believe that I am capable of anything I put my heart to. Mom and I have been through a whole heap of trails, but we have overcome each one together. I wouldn't trade the relationship I cherish with my mother for anything this world has to offer me. It was those trying times that brought us to where we are now. Mom and I have always shared the desire for an eternal family and our dreams came true in September of 2009. As I gathered with my family in the temple, I looked first at my mother and we both began to weep as we knew what this meant for eternity. I will never forget that tender moment.


Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, "No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." I know that Elder Holland was inspired to give a tribute to mothers in such a way by our Heavenly Father. I know that my mother is everything God knows she is. Elder Holland continued, "You see, it is not only that they bear us, but they continue bearing with us. It is not only the prenatal carrying but the lifelong carrying that makes mothering such a staggering feat." I owe it all to my wonderful mother for bearing my burdens and continuing to carry me through. I am so blessed to call this woman MY mother and my very best friend.

Mom,
Thank you for being my mom. Thank you for loving me just as I am and making me always feel like I matter most. Thank you for raising me to work hard and be smart about my decisions. I am grateful for your guiding influence and encouragement along the way. Thank you for giving me the confidence to walk with with my head held high, remembering that the Savior is always near. I love you! Happy Birthday!
Love,
Shan













No comments:

Post a Comment