Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Gift of Love

Paul Cardall was involved with this tree and its just so beautiful
Isn't this the most wonderful time of the year? A time for love.. a time for service... a time for happiness... a time for change... and a time for remembrance. For the last little while I have just been so excited about the Christmas season and the spirit of Christmas that flows through me like a whirlwind. I am so grateful for this time of year and it has to be my absolute favorite time! This year my family has started a new tradition to go to the Festival of Trees! I have never been before and I will never miss another year if I have anything to do with it! I want to share a few pictures with you that mean a lot to me and then share my message with you today.


These two pictures are of a tree that was donated to festival of trees by a dear sweet family that I am really close to. They happen to be the Manuela's who have lost two daughters to a rare condition and so they do a tree every year in memory of them. My sister and dear friend Jolyn Manuela is the one wearing green in the 2nd picture. The tree is filled with sea shell angels holding a heart or a star and many Hawaiian flowers. The tree's title is "Sisters in Paradise". This very tree had a great impact on me and really had me thinking as I went on to look at several trees dedicated to sick children from primary children's medical center. I thought for a small moment how lucky we are to have angels all around us to teach and care for us when things get hard here on earth. I thought for a small moment how blessed we are to know that angels like those on the tree touch our hearts. They make the stars so beautiful... Have you ever looked to the stars when you are missing someone who has made it to the other side? I know I have and what comfort that brings to my life. That's why I find this tree to be so special because it depicts those very things we feel when we think about our angels. Many of you have "Sisters in Paradise" you may have a brother, dad, mom, grandmother, grandfather, or friend in paradise. Paradise is not so far away. Our angels are all around us all the time lifting us up and catching us when we begin to fall. Each of them touches our hearts and fills the sky with stars. As this Christmas season continues I hope we will take time to help each other and to touch others hearts and be an angel to others in so many different ways. Let us remember Our Savior and remember that He is the greatest gift that has EVER been given! Festival of Trees is known as the A Gift of Love. Let us all give love to those around us! Merry Christmas! Love ya guys :)



No comments:

Post a Comment