Friday, May 20, 2011

Following Christ to Victory


Simon Dewey- He Lives
"Since we, each of us, are invited to follow the Christ to victory, it seems we should become vitally aware of how he fulfilled his mission, and seek to emulate his example. Surely we will never be able to do precisely what he did, partly because his mission and purpose is different than ours. He is the Savior; we are the saved. He is the Mediator between God and man; we are those for whom he mediates. He is the Redeemer; we are the redeemed. The list of differences is long, and possibly endless. The Master’s statement to Moses is a summation of his mission on earth: “My work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39). The immortality portion of this mission he has already accomplished—the resurrection is a reality and all will partake."
"However, we are permitted, encouraged, even commanded to assist in bringing to pass the eternal life of man, which is, of course, the continuing part of his great mission. His promise to us of things which I do, ye can do, and greater things than I do, ye can do (see John 14:12) rings loudly in the ears, stimulating the amazement of everyone who reads the holy scriptures."

This talk was from the ensign many many years ago. I came across this marvelous talk while searching through lds.org. I highly recommend that each of you read this talk on your own because of the power of the entire message. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about what really lies ahead. I have thought a lot about exaltation and eternal life with my Father in Heaven and how important that is to me. I think about victory in that matter and how glorious that idea seems in my mind. I am moved upon by the spirit to realize that I can conquer and I can end  this life with victory. Victory over death because of the Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me. Victory over Satan by following the commandments and being obedient in following the Prophet. Victory by putting off the natural man and rising above the barrier of the world. And Victory with my own family because of the choice to go to the temple to make and keep sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father. There is power and understanding that lies within my heart that is so precious and simple that leads me to speak. These quotes given by a man called of God are true! Christ's mission here on earth was much different than ours may be. Of  course He is the one who leads us back home if we follow. His mission however is still continuing. As faithful members of His church it is important that we each continue in His work. We are all to assist in bring about eternal life to our dear brothers and sisters. Many may follow and seek the 99, but Christ went after the 1. May we all go after that 1 who may not be physically calling our name but may be seeking out in prayer for a friend or one to love them. We can go undefeated before the Lord if we choose to. Let us all go on in Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment