Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Personal Portrait

Puzzle Hands
"The truth is, those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him. They will personally receive a divine portrait of the Master, although it most often comes in the form of a puzzle—one piece at a time. Each piece helps us to see the big picture a little more clearly. Eventually, after enough pieces have been put together, we recognize the grand beauty of it all. Then, looking back on our experience, we will see that the Savior had indeed come to be with us—not all at one but quietly, gently, almost unnoticed."- Dieter F. Uchtdorf April 2011 Conference

As I have read this talk over and over again I have been touched by it's message and the truth that it holds. I am simply drawn to the fact that if we will learn of Christ, we will know Christ. My testimony has grown as I have taken the time to learn more of Christ and His love for me. Christ may not appear to me as He did to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove, but I have reason to believe that He lives! I have reason to believe that He knows me and the things that I face everyday. As I have looked back on the past year and where I have been in my life I have come to understand that there are many puzzle pieces fitting together. I see trials, pains, and afflictions coming together to bring greater beauty. I see relationships, influence, and simple acts of kindness coming together to bring greater beauty to my big picture. Life is a big picture that can be seen more clearly as we move forward in faith and let those puzzle pieces come to us and be attached to our puzzle. When enough of those puzzle pieces come together we realize that the Savior has come to be with us and has come to help us. Trials come. It's not a matter of "If", but it is a matter of "when". When those trials and hard times come in your life remember that the Savior has come to you to be with you. Maybe not in an extraordinary vision or appearance, but quietly, gently, and even almost unnoticed. Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and our Redeemer. He is the only begotten of the Father. He loves me. He died for me and for you. I know that as I continue to seek diligently to learn of Him that I WILL know Him. I am grateful for this truth. I know it can be true for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment