Friday, June 24, 2011

Lessens The Power


Taken by Shantell Giles
"Every foundation stone that is laid for a Temple, and every Temple completed according to the order the Lord has revealed for his holy Priesthood, lessens the power of Satan on the earth, and increases the power of God and Godliness, moves the heavens in mighty power in our behalf, invokes and calls down upon us the blessings of the Eternal Gods, and those who reside in their presence"(Millennial Star, 12 November 1877, page 743).

The temple alone in all of its beauty lessens the power of Satan on the earth because of its purpose. I am grateful for this truth that we know and very privileged to have a temple within walking distance. With every temple built Satan's power becomes less and the power of God increases! This is a remarkable truth that we each can see. What happens inside those sacred walls is an increase in power and the heavens are moved in mighty power in our behalf. I can't help but thing that what happens inside those walls is more than a physical description. What happens inside changes things for eternity and we are left speechless.

The temple is our way "out of the world". When we as members of the church are troubled or when decisions truly weigh heavily upon our minds and hearts we commonly go to the temple. While preparing for my talk last Sunday I came across this article by Boyd K. Packer entitled The Holy Temple.

President Packer states, "Sometimes our minds are so beset with problems , and there are so many things clamoring for attention at once that we just cannot think clearly and see clearly. At the temple the dust of distraction seems to settle out, the fog and the haze seem to lift, and we can "see" things that were not able to see before and find a way through our troubles that we had not previously known." He says,"Our Labor in the temple covers us with a shield and a protection, both individually and as a people."

I testify that this is true. I know that in the midst of our troubles the temple is the place where the fog and haze lift and the dust of distraction settles out. Our minds and hearts are open new ways through our troubles and trials. I can testify from my own experience that this is true. The temple is truly a place where we are out of the world. I am so grateful for the temple and the privilege I have to go and to feel of the power of God. I am so grateful for my testimony of the temple and its importance in my life! I hope that we can all be better at attending the temple and claiming the blessings that are ours! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment