Sunday, October 9, 2011

Each Life That Touches Ours for Good

Each Life That Touches Ours for Good, Hymn 293

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

I don't know about you but this song from me is one of great meaning and it touches my heart so strongly. When I read the words to this song I am immediately brought to the faces of those in my life that has touched me for good. The Lord has blessed me with so many great influences and examples. He has blessed me with, "Christlike friends, whose gentle ways Strengthen our faith, enrich our days." They truly do strengthen my faith and enrich my days.

"For worthy friends whose lives proclaim devotion to the Savior's name, Who bless our days with peace and love, We praise thy goodness, Lord above." Do you have friends like that? I look at this and think of one specifically that has had such a great impact on my life. No matter how hard her life has been or how hard it might be right now, her life still proclaims devotion to the Savior's name. She could give up and fall away but she wont because of her love for the Savior Jesus Christ and what His name means to her. I want to be like her one day. She blesses the lives around her with peace and love. I do praise the goodness of the Lord above for bringing her into my life. I know that she is a woman of God and that angels are sent to us to bless our lives and help us grow along the way. She is a Christlike friend who strengthens my faith and enriches my days.

I love at verse 3 and I am brought to tears. " When such a friend from us departs, We hold forever in our hearts a sweet and hallowed memory bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee." One of my greatest friends now resides in Heaven where she watches over me and those she loves. I know that the work she is doing there is far greater than anything we could EVER accomplish here on earth. She is my greatest example of devotion and love for friends. When she left this mortal experience it was one of the hardest things I had experienced. But, because of the sweet memory of her in my heart I have been brought nearer to the Lord who loves me above all. I am so grateful for that understanding and knowledge. I know that I will see her again but in the process I have come to know the Savior more.

The point is that God is SO good to each of us. We can all think of those special people in our lives and it is because of Heavenly Father's love for us that those people exist in our lives. We need to understand that we are never alone. Heavenly Father has not only blessed us with the presence of angels in each one of our lives but He has also blessed us with His friendship and the friendship of our Brother Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ as my best friend. I hope that I might be able to continue being His friend and in turn become your friends as well. I know He lives and loves us. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment