Saturday, October 1, 2011

God Speaks.

I don't know about you....but, I am loving EVERY moment of conference! Through God's chosen servants we have heard the voice of the Lord and felt of His infinite love for us. Conference is but a small moment but has eternal importance and changes the course of our lives forever if we let it. I am grateful for the truth that has been spoken and for the peace I have felt in my heart as I have listened and allowed my heart to be filled with the message for me.

If there is one thing I wish to echo it is the message from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf that we matter to Him. "It may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the universe.... but we are everything to God." No matter how invisible we may feel we are NOT invisible to God. Our Heavenly Father sees us as the beings that we are capable and designed to become. He sees us as His children.

When thinking about what President Uchtdorf has taught us I am reminded of the Christus statue at temple square. Look at this image.... What do you see?
Christus Statue at Temple Square

In the background I see worlds without number and all the wonders of the world. I see the beautiful and miraculous creations of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I see the awe that the naked eye captures. As astounding as these things may be to us... look at Christ. Where are His eyes? He is looking down. He is not turned around to view all of these so called beautiful and miraculous creations. For those of you who have had the opportunity to go to temple square and stand in front of this statue know what I am getting at with this. As you stand in front of Christ... He is only looking at you. You are the only thing He cares about. Yes, those things behind Him are amazing and we are at loss for words for those things but in Christ's eyes we are more than those things. We are worth His sacrifice. We are worth saving. We are worth the price of death, persecution, and betrayal. "The worth of souls is great in the sight of God." Our souls. God wants us to know that we DO matter to Him! Now... THAT is miraculous and beautiful. His love is matchless. I love Him. I live for Him.

Now to close these are the words from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, " As our conference comes to a close, I ask you to reflect in the days ahead not only on the messages you have heard but also on the unique phenomenon that general conference itself is--what we as Latter-day Saints believe such conferences to be and what we invite the world to hear and observe about them. We testify to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people that God not only lives but also that He speaks,that for our time in our day the counsel you have heard is, under the direction of the Holy Spirit,"the will of the Lord,... the word of the Lord,... the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.""

Conference will come to a close tomorrow. I hope that we can reflect on the messages that have been taught to us by our Heavenly Father and that we can understand what we testify and believe to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. We do testify that God lives and that He does speak to us today. Enjoy every last second of this Conference! Listen to what God has for you! I love you all! May God Bless you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment