Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joseph Smith History

Seminary has been the highlight of my experience at high school. I am especially excited for this year due to the fact that we are studying Doctrine and Covenants! It's so beautiful and special to me. Lately we have really been getting into our scriptures and finding what makes D&C unlike any others. Joseph Smith History has been so fascinating to me and I would like to share a bit from today's Lesson.

To start with... Think about these few questions. What annoys you? Are you annoying? Was Joseph Smith annoying?

Focusing solely on Was Joseph Smith annoying? I would answer directly with YES! In JSH 1:20 Joseph is telling his sweet mother of his experience in the sacred grove. He explains that he has learned that Presbyterianism is not true and he was forbidden to join any other church. The point in this verse is stated toward the end and it says, "..It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom..." Joseph Smith was absolutely annoying! But to whom? Satan and his followers. Satan was very annoyed with Joseph because he was on the Lord's side. Joseph continues on to prove this by saying ".. else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" Joseph was ultimately annoying to the adversary because he was destroying Satan's plan.

This all applies to us because we are all destroyers of Satan's very plan. We are annoying to the adversary when we do what's right and when we stand for what we know is right. We do not belong to Satan's team and by sticking with the Lord we are annoyers. I pray that we can all be annoyers and upset Satan by destroying what he works so hard for. We are all capable!

Shantell

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the hymn
    "Who's on the Lord's Side"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree! Thank you for your comment you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete