Friday, September 17, 2010

Persecution and Hard Suffering

After Joseph Smith had seen God the Father, and His Son Jesus Christ he had the desire to share with others. In JSH 1:22 he speaks of what he notices as he shares," ...my telling of the story had excited a great deal of prejudice against me among professors of religion, and was the cause of great persecution, which continued to increase.."
Joseph is just one of many who have faced brutal persecution for the things of God. There is something that has opened my eyes that I would really like to share with you and that is of 2 Timothy 3:12 " Yea, and all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." As long as we are on God's team and following in the footsteps of our Savior Jesus Christ we WILL suffer persecution. Bruce R. McConkie said this about persecution," Persecution is the heritage of the faithful."

As I have thought about this statement there are so many emotions that could be going through my head. Persecution is hard and its a rocky road and can bring you to the thought of anger, weakness, and frustration. For me as I realize that there isn't a way to get around it when you are on the Lord's Errand the only way to conquer is to fight through it. The Lord gives us weakness that it may become our strength and as we suffer for God we are blessed beyond comprehension.

My prayer is that we will continue to do what is right no matter the persecution we face. There are times when we will have to stand up for what is right and stand alone, but the Lord is on our side. We can make it. We have the strength and power to fight! To close I would like to share one of my absolute favorite scriptures with you. Its found in 1Peter 3:12" For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers..." & 14 " But and if ye suffer for righteous sake , happy are ye : and be not afraid of their terror neither be troubled" I know that we can all feel happiness even in times of persecution because the Lord's eyes are upon us and His ears are open to our prayers. Have a wonderful weekend! :)
Shantell

No comments:

Post a Comment